I am committed to improving the quality of life of Buncombe County residents, and expanding economic development in our region. I have worked to provide an increased level of services to the residents of Buncombe County while saving the tax payers money through cost saving initiatives, and I take pride in making myself accessible to the people that I have been elected to serve, responding to constituent emails within 12 hours of receiving them.
Together we have accomplished a great deal for the residents of Buncombe County, but there is still more work for us to do. Please help me in my re-election campaign to continue to serve the citizens of Buncombe County and to represent District 2.
- We adopted an Energy Independence Resolution that commits our county to achieving an 80 percent reduction in our carbon footprint.
- We worked with GE Aviation to secure an innovative factory in Asheville that will create as many as 500 additional jobs and maintain the 300+ jobs already here.
- We worked with Black Mountain leaders to install vital infrastructure in the Town Square.
- We passed domestic partner benefits for county employees.
- We changed the county’s discrimination policy so no employee will ever be fired because of sexual orientation.
- We are building a new intermediate school in Candler, rebuilding Asheville Middle School, building a new Isaac Dickson elementary school and opening up Discovery Academy, a new STEM high school.
As a mother, grandmother and small business owner, I am inspired and full of ideas to create more living wage jobs and to continue to work with Buncombe County Schools to create more choices for students and parents. We also need to continue pursue innovation and technology so students can immediately join a thriving job market in Buncombe County.
As you can see we have ambitious goals. But before we can begin to accomplish any of them, we need to ensure that my seat is secure.
Won’t you help me to victory once more?
I am humbled to serve you; your support means the world to me. Please support my re-election so I can continue to work for Buncombe County.
Yours in service,
Paid for by Ellen Frost for Buncombe Committee